The workability of new cement is a composite property, which incorporates the different necessities of stability, mobility, compactability, placeability and finishability. There are different type of techniques for measuring the workability of fresh concrete. Each of them measures just a specific part of it and there is truly no one of a kind test, which measures workability of concrete. This test gives a sign of the portability and to some degree of the compactibility of the fresh concrete. The test measures the relative exertion required to change a mass of concrete starting with one clear shape then onto the next (i.e., from cone shaped to tube shaped) by methods for vibration. The measure of exertion (called remolding exertion) is taken as the time in seconds, required to finish the change. The aftereffects of this test are of esteem when concentrate the portability of the masses of cement made with shifting measures of water, bond and with different sorts of evaluating of total. The time required for finish remolding in seconds is considered as a measure of workability and is communicated as the quantity of Vee-Bee seconds. The strategy is appropriate for dry cement. For cement of droop in abundance of 50mm, the remolding is quick to the point that the time can’t measure.
- Cylindrical container
- Slump cone
- Tamping rod
- Vee-Bee vibrating table
Vee-Bee consistometer test procedure:
- Put the slump cone in the container. Fill the cone in four layers of fresh concrete each roughly one fourth of the stature of the cone. Compact each layer with twenty-five strokes. The strokes are dispersed in a uniform way over the cross-segment of the cone and for the second and resulting layers the packing bar ought to enter into the hidden layer. After the top layer has been packed, struck off level the solid with a trowel making the cone precisely filled.
- Move the glass circle connected to the swivel arm and place it just on the highest point of the slump cone in the container. Change the glass circle in order to touch the highest point of the slump cone, and note the readings.
- Expel the cone from the concrete quickly by raising it gradually and painstakingly in the vertical course. Bring down the straightforward plate on the highest point of cement. Note down the perusing on the graduated pole.
- Switch on the electrical vibrations and start the stopwatch. Enable the concrete to remold by spreading out in the container. The vibrations are proceeded until the concrete is totally remolded.
- Record the time required for finish remolding seconds which measures the workability.
- Repeat the experiment for different values.
The consistency of the fresh concrete should be seconds.
Result comparison chart:
Vee-Bee Time (in Second)
You may be interested
Quantity survey for square and rectangular columnAdmin - May 6, 2018
column: The columns are vertical structure which is used to transfer the compression load to bottom. STEPS: First take the…
Quantity survey for RCC footing concreteAdmin - April 13, 2018
RCC Footing: RCC footing is provided to transfer the load of the entire structure to the sub soil. Center line…