What is slump?
Slump cone test is to decide the workability or consistency of fresh concrete. This type of experiment are done both at the laboratory and the construction site. Slump test is done to check the uniform quality of fresh concrete in every batch.
The slump test is the most basic workability test for fresh concrete. The slump test is very low cost and the result can be found immediately because of this reality, it has been broadly utilized for workability. The slump value is done according to methodology specified under standard code books.
The slump cone test is done to discover the workability, water-cement proportion. However there are different elements including properties of materials, blending strategies, measurement, admixtures and so forth additionally influence the slump cone test.
Materials required for slump test:
Form for slump test, non-permeable base plate, measuring scale, temping rod. The shape for the test is as the frustum of a cone having tallness 30 cm, base diameter across 20 cm and top diameter across 10 cm. The packing bar is of steel 16 mm measurement and 60cm long and adjusted toward one side.
Fig: Material required for slump test
Procedure for slump test:
- Clean the interior surface of the frustum cone and apply oil.
- Put the mold on a smooth flat non-permeable base plate.
- Fill the mold with the concrete around four equivalent layers.
- Pack each layer with 25 strokes of the adjusted end of the packing pole in a uniform way over the cross area of the shape. For the ensuing layers, the packing ought to infiltrate into the hidden layer.
- Remove the extra concrete and level the surface with a trowel.
- Clean away the mortar or water spilled out between the form and the base plate.
- Raise the cone from the concrete promptly and gradually in vertical heading.
- Measure the droop as the distinction between the tallness of the shape and that of stature purpose of the example being tried.
The above operation ought to be completed at a place free from Vibrations. The complete experiment after mixing concrete should to be completed within time of 2 minutes.
Slump for the given sample= _____mm
True Slump – True slump is the main droop that can be measured in the test. The estimation is taken between the highest points of the cone and the highest point of the concrete after that the cone has been evacuated.
Zero Slump – Zero slump is the sign of low water-bond proportion, which brings about dry blends. These kind of cement is for the most part utilized for street development.
Collapsed Slump – This means the water-bond proportion is too high, i.e. solid blend is excessively wet or it is a high workability blend, for which a slump test is not proper.
Shear Slump – The shear slump shows that the outcome is fragmented, and concrete to be retested.
Fig: type of Slump
You may be interested
Quantity survey for square and rectangular columnAdmin - May 6, 2018
column: The columns are vertical structure which is used to transfer the compression load to bottom. STEPS: First take the…
Quantity survey for RCC footing concreteAdmin - April 13, 2018
RCC Footing: RCC footing is provided to transfer the load of the entire structure to the sub soil. Center line…