Quantity survey for square and rectangular column
The columns are vertical structure which is used to transfer the compression load to bottom.
- First take the number of columns.
- Then take the length and breadth of the column from the column cross-section drawing.
- Then take the height of the column. The height of the column will be up to bottom of beam because sometimes we may use different mix design for column, beam and slab. So that always find the column height only up to beam bottom.
= Numbers*length *breadth* Height up to beam bottom
- If the mix design is same for all beam, column and slab then we can use full height of column and then we should deduct the particular column area while calculating for the beam, because that particular place will already have calculated during column. (This method will not be used mostly)
- If the inverted beam is provided then we have to take the column height up to slab bottom.
You may be interested
Quantity survey for RCC footing concreteAdmin - April 13, 2018
RCC Footing: RCC footing is provided to transfer the load of the entire structure to the sub soil. Center line…
Quantity survey for footing PCCAdmin - April 7, 2018
Footing PCC Layer: The mixture of cement, fine aggregate, coarse aggregate and water is called plain cement concrete (PCC). This…