Quantity survey for footing PCC
Footing PCC Layer:
The mixture of cement, fine aggregate, coarse aggregate and water is called plain cement concrete (PCC). This layer protect the RCC layer above from underground water penetration. The mix ratio will be very less like 1:3:6 (M10) or 1:4:8 (M7.5) this also varies according to the site condition and designers.
LET ME CONSIDER FOOTING 1
Footing PCC can be laid by two types. The minimum thickness of PCC bed for any type will from 2 inches to 6 inches varies according to the size conditions.
- The entire bottom surface of footing pits will be filled with PCC using the wheel barrow.
- The formwork will be done in the footing pits and PCC will poured into it and it will tamped well
- Without formwork it is very easy to calculate because we have to use the same length and breadth taken for the earth work excavation and only the depth will be changed.
- The depth will be noted in the footing drawing or will be given in the general notes of the footing drawing.
= 3*5*5*0.5 (depth is 6” convert into feet 0.5’)
PCC layer for footing without formwork calculation in excel
- For footing PCC first we have to see the footing size. The size of the footing 1 is 3’9” x 3’9”
- Then we have to add 3” on both side for formwork.
= 3’9”+3”+3” (3.75+0.25+0.25)
= 4’3” (4.25 feet)
- The footing size may be same or different we have to add 3”+3” = 6” both in length and breadth.
- The PCC will be poured only into the formwork, it will be tamped well and the surface of the PCC layer will leveled.
- The depth will be noted in the footing drawings or general notes of footing drawing.
= Number* Length* Breadth* Depth
PCC layer for footing with formwork calculation in excel
You may be interested
Quantity survey for square and rectangular columnAdmin - May 6, 2018
column: The columns are vertical structure which is used to transfer the compression load to bottom. STEPS: First take the…
Quantity survey for RCC footing concreteAdmin - April 13, 2018
RCC Footing: RCC footing is provided to transfer the load of the entire structure to the sub soil. Center line…