Flexural strength test
To determine the flexural strength of the given specimen
What is flexural strength?
Flexural strength, conjointly called modulus of rupture, bend strength, or fracture strength, a parameter for brittle material, is outlined as a material’s ability to resist deformation beneath load
- Mould (15x15x70)
- Tamping rod
- Flexural testing machine
- Prepare and the take a look at specimen by filling the concrete into the mould in three layers of roughly equal thickness. Tamp every layer thirty five times by using the tamping rod. Tamping ought to be distributed uniformly over the complete crossection of the beam mould and throughout the depth of every layer.
- Clean the bearing surfaces of the supporting and loading rollers and subtract any loose sand or totally different material from the surfaces of the specimen where to make contact with the rollers.
- Circular rollers factory-made out of steel having cross section with diameter thirty eight millimeter are going to be used for providing support and loading points to the specimens. The length of the rollers shall be a minimum of ten millimeter over the dimension of the take a look at specimen. a complete of 4 rollers shall be used, 3 out of that shall be capable of rotating on their own axes. The space between the outer rollers shall be in 3d and therefore the distance between the inner rollers shall be d. The inner rollers shall be equally spaced between the outer rollers, specified the complete system is systematic.
- The specimen hold on in water shall be tested at once on removal from water; while they’re still wet. The take a look at specimen shall be placed within the machine properly focused with the longitudinal axis of the specimen at right angles to the rollers. For molded specimens, the mould filling direction shall be traditional to the direction of loading.
- The load shall be applied at a rate of loading of four hundred kg/min for the fifteen.0 cm specimens and at a rate of one hundred eighty kg/min for the ten.0 cm specimens.
- fb = pl/bd2
- fb = 3pa/bd2
- The flexural strength of concrete is=
You may be interested
Quantity survey for square and rectangular columnAdmin - May 6, 2018
column: The columns are vertical structure which is used to transfer the compression load to bottom. STEPS: First take the…
Quantity survey for RCC footing concreteAdmin - April 13, 2018
RCC Footing: RCC footing is provided to transfer the load of the entire structure to the sub soil. Center line…