Compaction factor test
This test works on the guideline of deciding the level of compaction accomplished by a standard measure of work done by enabling the concrete to fall through a standard height. The level of compaction is called the compacting element is measured by the density ratio.
- Weight balance
- Compaction factor equipment’s ( upper hopper, lower hopper, stand)
Compaction factor test procedure:
- Perfect and dry the interior surface of the container
- With the assistance of hand scoop, put the concrete in upper hopper.
- Open the trap entryway of container with a specific end goal to encourage the falling of the concrete into lower container. The concrete adhering to the sides of the container an, ought to be pushed descending with the assistance of a steel pole.
- Open the trap entryway of the container B and enable the solid to fall into container
- Expel the surplus cement from the highest point of the chamber with the assistance of a trowel. Wipe and clean the outside surface of the chamber.
- Measure the chamber with somewhat compacted concrete closest to 10 g.
- Fill in the container with concrete in layers not surpassing 5 cm in thickness and smaller each layer till 100 percent compaction is achieved.
- Wipe off and clean the outside surface of the chamber and measure the cylinder with completely compacted concrete.
- Find the compaction value using the formulas
Compaction factor = weight of partially compacted concrete/Weight of fully compacted concrete
Compaction factor of concrete=
Result comparison chart:
You may be interested
Quantity survey for square and rectangular columnAdmin - May 6, 2018
column: The columns are vertical structure which is used to transfer the compression load to bottom. STEPS: First take the…
Quantity survey for RCC footing concreteAdmin - April 13, 2018
RCC Footing: RCC footing is provided to transfer the load of the entire structure to the sub soil. Center line…